Saturday 8 January 2011

First post...Saturday 8 January 2011

I am mad about football. My mum once told me it was my religion.

Over the past few months I've been in equal measure inspired by the outstanding quality of journalism and writing available in the blogosphere (with nods to the likes of Paul Tomkins and the other contributors to The Tomkins Times, In Bed With Maradona and Zonal Marking) and depressed by the coverage of football provided by the mainstream press, not to mention the 'pander to the lowest common denominator', cliche ridden approach taken by the ubiquitous Sky Sports. I spend hours discussing, debating, watching, playing and reading about football and so it occurred to me that perhaps there is something more constructive to be done with all of that time.

So a New Year means a new start for my own football blog, although I reckon I'll throw up some posts about other things from time to time. 

First up is the subject currently occupying the thoughts of Liverpool fans the world over...yes, it's Roy!

No comments:

Post a Comment